A results-driven and highly knowledgeable business analysis professional with extensive experience in data analysis, database management, website development, modeling software, data scrubbing, and performance management. Hardworking and goal-oriented, makes solid decisions to improve production significantly. Troubleshoots issues to increase customer satisfaction while providing clients with up-to-date information. Demonstrates strong leadership and collaborative skills to deliver exceptional results consistently.
CBRE, Cincinnati, Ohio
Client Strategy Consultant Analyst, June 2018-July 2020
Developed web-based warehouse and distribution center modeling software using Python Flask with a PostgreSQL data warehouse. Used SQLAlchemy ORM to query PostgreSQL from Python and develop the models. Used the pandas library for quick analysis and SQL for more in-depth analysis. Integrated data visualization in the web app using Plotly Dash. Developed a web-based team activities tracker with a Vue front-end and Python Flask back-end. Created RESTful API endpoints in Flask that returned data from SQLite to the Vue front-end. JWT used for authentication. Deployed to Heroku using Docker. Used Kanban method via Trello for project progress and issue tracking for all projects. Used git for version control in all projects with Bitbucket remote repositories. Regarded as the data authority at several levels, including data ingestion, data processing, data warehousing and modeling, business intelligence, data analytics, and data visualization. Performed data profiling in Python with pandas and numpy as well as SQL. Developed data visualizations in Power BI, Excel, Python, and R. Used Starboard for distribution center network modeling to determine the optimal location for new DCs based on several factors.
- Explored, cleaned, visualized, and reported on analytical models.
- Collected and analyzed data and identified areas and methods for improvement for clients.
- Wrote Python and R code to process ETL actions.
- Served as the developer and authority of in-house modeling software in Python and PostgreSQL.
- Ascertained optimal distribution center locations using Starboard.
FORTNA, INC., Cincinnati, Ohio
Senior Business Analyst, September 2005-December 2017
Performed data analysis on SKU-level order data, including daily volume and velocity analysis, in Excel and MS SQL Server databases to aid in warehouse profiling process and determination of media allocation of SKUs. Combined order data with SKU cube data to determine optimal storage media locations for SKUs. Collected and analyzed data and identified areas and methods for improvement for clients. Performed data cleansing on data received from clients, which would be in text files, Excel workbooks, Access databases, and more, to be imported into Oracle or MS SQL Server for analysis. Used text editors, Excel, Access, Python, R, or other tools to clean the data. Performed data profiling in SQL on millions of records, creating new tables and views that were summaries of the larger data sets which were then used in visualizations. Converted Excel visualizations to Power BI where SQL analysis was recreated using DAX formulas and other functions, making visualizations more interactive when presenting to clients. Prototyped the visualizations by recreating the Excel ones in Power BI using summary tables/views.
- Verified data collected from various sources and made judgments on usage.
- Developed data visualizations in Crystal Reports, Excel PowerPivot, Tableau, and Power BI.
- Prepared reports and suggested actions on impact of data.
- Scrubbed data, using Python, R, Access, and Excel, to import into modeling software.
- Identified anomalies in client data and presented to client before continuing with modeling.
- Data analysis on MS SQL Servers via T-SQL.
- Wrote and repaired stored procedures.
- Processed ETL actions via SSIS.
- Served as the authority in three versions of in-house modeling software in FoxPro, Oracle, and current MS SQL Server.
- Fortna’s SQL Server database instance and FTP server were located on Azure Server.
Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
M.A., Economics, 2002 B.A., Economics, 2001
- Data Scientist with R, DataCamp
- Data Scientist with Python, DataCamp
- Machine Learning A-Z™: Hands-on Python & R in Data Science, Udemy
- Tableau 10 A-Z: Hands-on Tableau Training for Data Science, Udemy
- Taming Big Data with MapReduce and Hadoop - Hands On!, Udemy